Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Policy
Finchalm Limited recognise the responsibilities under the Heath and Safety at Work Act 1974 for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, any members of third parties on site and the general public who may be affected by our work activities.
Finchpalm Limited is committed to deliver a safe professional service, through competent safety-conscious employees to fulfil contractual obligations, exceed customer expectations and ensure that occupational Health, Safety, Quality or Environmental risks from our activities are identified and effectively managed. This will be achieved through effective Planning, Organising, Objective setting, Measuring, Audit, Review and Training.
The company undertakes to address and exceed all legal and regulatory requirements which arise and ensure that the health and safety and welfare of its employees and other personnel are protected to a reasonably practicable level.
The responsibilities and requirements will be achieved by:
- Ensuring the availability of adequate resources to achieve policy and objectives with the aim for continual improvement
- Identifying and-controlling hazards to ensure a safe system of work is achieved, wherever practical, by eliminating the hazard(s) or where necessary to implement measures to a reasonably practicable level
- Prevention of pollution
- Employ Waste minimisation techniques,
- Minimising energy usage
- Promoting the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Controlling noise emissions from operations
- Ensuring the provision of suitable and sufficient personal protective equipment and suitable and properly maintained equipment
- Ensuring personnel have suitable and sufficient information enable them to protect their own safety
- Requiring personnel to exercise reasonable care for the protection of their own health and safety and the
health and safety of others
- Ensuring personnel are competent to carry out their assigned tasks and/or are under competent supervision
- Consulting with employees
- Implement measures to avoid accidents and incidences of occupational ill-health
The Company maintains a HSQE management systems and as such holds registration to Standards BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and OHSAS18001:2007 through a United Kingdom Accredited Services (UKAS) Company. Environmental principles are based on standard BS EN ISO 14001:2004 and is focussed on continual improvement of services to both our internal and external customers.
As Managing Director I take responsibility for our HSQE Management Systems to be reviewed and improved as required and shall ensure its communication to support the maintenance and implementation at all levels of the organisation and other interested parties.
This policy statement will be reviewed at least annually or where instigated by changes to legislation, standards, changes to the organisation or work activities or any other events.
John Murphy Director
Issue 4: October 2016