Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Finchpalm fully supports the concepts of fairness and respect which are at the core of equality, diversity and inclusion. This is founded on honesty and openness and a commitment to considering the needs of all our stakeholders.
We believe that developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate will help us successfully meet all of our commitments to our stakeholders. We consider there to be significant business benefits from integrating equality, diversity and inclusion in day-to-day business practice and are determined to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage within the workplace.
This policy underpins all other policies, management plans, strategies and procedures.
Everyone has a personal responsibility for recognising and implementing diversity principles and for treating our customers, suppliers, the public and colleagues with understanding and respect.
Our inclusive approach means that all stakeholders are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are not adversely influenced or prejudiced in any way by an individual’s age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability (both physical and mental), religion or belief, working patterns, caring responsibilities, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Our objectives are to be an exemplary employer by:
- fully implementing the principles
- to maximise the opportunities for diverse talent to join and remain in the company
- to maintain a working environment where discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation are not tolerated and support this with a well defined grievance process
- to encourage, through training and consistent communication. all our people to take an active role against all forms of discrimination and harassment
- to ensure that remuneration, benefits, terms and conditions and recruitment, appraisal and promotion procedures are fair and equal and not affected by prejudice and stereotyping
- to help all employees, through training and other opportunities, to develop to their full potential
- to develop greater understanding of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our customers, suppliers, contractors, our people and applicants
- to ensure that all policies and procedures are not only in line with, but exceed our obligations under current legislation and codes of practice
Discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation will not be tolerated. Breaches of the company’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and procedures and any unfair or unlawful discrimination will be dealt with under the company’s disciplinary procedures and could lead to dismissal.